On episode 5 we speak with Cam Adair, founder of Game Quitters and a popular speaker.
Cam has a compelling story about his own journey into and out of gaming addiction, which we get into at length. He later founded Game Quitters, the world’s largest support community for gaming addiction, which has helped thousands of people in more than 70 countries.
While Cam’s story of gaming addiction is pretty extreme, our conversation will offer practical insights to parents whose kids play video games for 18 minutes or 18 hours a day.
Our conversation with Cam includes:
- How old Cam was when he started gaming, and the roots of his addiction.
- Why Cam dropped out of high school and faked a job.
- How Cam finally quit for good, and the principles everyone can learn from his experience.
- Learn the four main reasons kids game and understand the importance of understanding your child’s “why” for gaming.
- Why it’s important for parents to understand the games their kids play.
- What signs parents can watch for to help discern the difference between a bad habit and an addiction.
How to connect to Cam Adair:
Last Call for Our Family Zone Giveaway!
Time is running out if you want to win a Family Zone box (see Episode 3 for more)! All you have to do is subscribe to our podcast, review/rate us on iTunes (or whatever service you use to subscribe), and join our email list.
Those three things make you eligible to win this $89 box, which we believe will make a big impact on your family, and it also helps the Screen Smart Podcast as we try to make an impact on other families. Win-win!
The deadline to be eligible is April 15, so do it now, then let us know!
See you next time!