On Episode 15 we welcome Matt McKee from Circle with Disney.
Matt has a background both in the ministry and as a tech entrepreneur and now describes himself simply as “just another guy trying to make a difference.” He’s a speaker, consultant, and author who also serves as VP of Business Development for Circle with Disney, a device that helps manage and monitor the Internet on a Wi-Fi network, and an app that does the same thing on mobile devices.
Our conversation with Matt McKee includes:
- How Circle went from a failed Kickstarter campaign to become a leader in internet safety.
- The one question Matt regularly asks his kids to stay engaged with them and to stay involved with their technology use.
- How you can help nudge your kids towards creating rather than consuming on a lazy summer day.
- How and why you should have the “tech talk” with your family.
- How their affiliation with Disney came about and why that relationship is important to Circle.
More About Circle:
Circle is a device that plugs into your Wi-Fi router that will filter and monitor internet usage by every device connected to your Wi-Fi. You can set up a profile for every person in your household and Circle will help you filter what each person can access online. It also allows you set time limits for apps and websites or overall daily use.
Circle is simple set up and use in your daily life as you seek to manage screen time.
If you decide to use Circle (like we do), we’d love it you would order it through our website. When you do, we’ll make a tiny commission that helps keep thing moving for Screen Smart.
How to Connect with Matt McKee
Screen Smart Needs You!
It’s hard to believe we are nearing the conclusion of Season 1 of Screen Smart! And don’t worry, we’re just getting started.
In fact, we’ve got some exciting ideas that you’ll hear about in due time. That’s why it’s important that you join our email list so you can stay in the loop!
If you benefit from this podcast, here’s how you can help us out:
- Tell a friend about our show!
- Rate and/or review our podcast on iTunes (or wherever you get podcasts)
- Like/follow our FaceBook page.
- Support us via Patreon.
We’re grateful for you! If there’s anything we can do for you, or a question we can answer, please contact us or use the widget on the right side of the screen to record your question. Thanks!
See you next week!