On Episode 4 we’re excited to talk with Monica Swanson, the “Grommom” herself!
Monica is a successful and influential blogger at MonicaSwanson.com, where she writes about parenting, marriage, health, and faith, while sharing slices of her family’s life in Oahu’s famous North Shore. She’s hard at work on her book, Boy Mom, which is scheduled for release in 2019.
As the mother of 3 teenage boys and one younger son, she’s got a lot to say about the importance of being intentional in shepherding kids in their relationship with the digital world.
Our conversation with Monica includes:
- How the Swanson family handles screen time.
- Her kids’ Instagram accounts: Who, when, why.
- What it’s like to include her kids and family in her own digital life.
- Why she gets so animated about the issue of pornography and what she does about it with her 4 boys.
- How she talks with her sons about awkward but important subjects like porn.
Please know our conversation is not just for parents of boys!
- A book called Good Pictures Bad Pictures: Porn-Proofing Today’s Young Kids, by Kristen Jenson and Gail Poyner.
How to connect to Monica Swanson
We encourage our listeners to connect to and follow Monica. In addition to thoughtful articles about marriage and parenting, you’ll see beautiful pictures of Hawaii and you can find a great recipe for fish tacos!
You’ll find everything you need at MonicaSwanson.com. You can find her on nearly all social media as @thegrommom.
Don’t Forget the Family Zone Giveaway!
There’s still time to win a Family Zone box (see Episode 3 for more)! All you have to do is subscribe to our podcast, review/rate us on iTunes (or whatever service you use to subscribe), and join our email list.
Those three things make you eligible to win this $89 box, which we believe will make a big impact on your family, and it also helps the Screen Smart Podcast as we try to make an impact on other families. Win-win!
See you next time!