We’re glad to welcome Debbie Reber of TiLT Parenting for Episode 12 of the Screen Smart Podcast.
Debbie is a New York Times bestselling author and the founder of TiLT Parenting, a website, top podcast, and social media community for parents who are raising differently-wired children. Her new book, Differently Wired: Raising an Exceptional Child in a Conventional World, comes out in June 2018.
Our Conversation with Debbie Reber Includes:
- What it means to be differently wired or “neurodiverse” and how many children can be described this way (you might be shocked!).
- Whether the increasing number of diagnoses is related to greater awareness or to issues related to technology.
- How the Reber family manages technology with their differently-wired teenager, and how that has evolved over time.
- Why she is not usually in favor of banning technology and how she suggests parents handle contentious issues and situations.
- How she helps her son learn to self regulate screen time.
Debbie’s new book, Differently Wired: Raising an Exceptional Child in a Conventional World, is available for pre-order now! She was gracious enough to let us read an advance copy and it is definitely something you’ll want to check out, whether your kids are differently wired or not.
She just released some cool bonus material that you can get for free if you pre-order a copy of the book. All you have to do is pre-order your copy and email your receipt to firstname.lastname@example.org, and they will send you instructions for getting the bonuses.
How to Connect with Debbie Reber and TiLT Parenting
- The TiLT Parenting Podcast (or just search for it wherever you get podcasts)
- TiLT Facebook
- TiLT Twitter
How to Help Screen Smart
Thanks for listening! If you’d like to help us connect with a wider audience we’d be very grateful for your support. Here’s a few ways you can help:
- Tell your family and friends about Screen Smart.
- Subscribe to the podcast.
- Rate and/or review Screen Smart on iTunes or wherever you get podcasts.
- Join our email list to stay in the loop. We’ve got some big plans over the next few months!
- If you’d like to help by making a contribution to help cover the costs of producing Screen Smart, you can do so on our Patreon page.
Please don’t hesitate to ask a question or suggest a topic you’d like to see covered or a guest you think should appear on the show.
See you next week!